Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

.

A Special Grandparent's Day

This past Thursday my high school held it's annual Grandparent's Day. This day is special to those who have grandparents. The day begins attending a convocation with your grandparents, then having lunch, followed by the grandparents attending classes. This is a exciting day for the grandparent's because they are overwhelmed with joy and satisfaction as they watch their grandchild's success.
A grandparent is someone who is always there for you. They're that person in your life that never disagrees with you and is always there for you when you need extra comfort. They buy that really cool toy that your parents said no to buying you. They are that one person in your life that you can go to and talk to because you know that they will not tell anyone.

My grandmother passed away two years ago. Grandparent's Day was something that was so special that she flew in from Florida to attend this special day.

I'm not going to explain how I was saddened not having a Grandparent walking around with me, because while I miss her every single day, I think that she taught me well. She was always there for me when I needed her the most. She taught me to always try my best and to always strive for my goals in life. She left this earth as a fighter, and for that I am truly honored to call her "Noni". Her fun, strong and upbeat personality will always have a permanent place in my heart.




0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home